Friday, October 21, 2011

Currently....I am behind!!! =/




I've been reading the many books I got over the weekend and I've read like five or six pages out of all of them, but that doesn't really count does it. The one book that I actually read in was

Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber (pgs. 1-44)

I know. I know. I am really far behind but everyone has a bad week every once in a while. You get in a rut where you just don't feel like reading. This was my week (plus all the horrible things that have been happening!)

My favorite lines:
1. "Dissimilare to Stardust, Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian demonstrates a thorough understanding of classy, picturesque language." by The World Is Ours.

2. "Expressive adjectives such as "pinewood," "endless," "gnashing," "bitter," "hobbled," and "oblique" create rich description and depict the dark mood of the passage." Keep It Classy.

3. "The language elevation for all three is moderately high to high and they are all connotative, the sound of the books is what really separates them." by The Average Life of a Teenage Bookworm.

4. "The connotation is figurative and lyrical while the sound melodious as it flows along, defying many grammatical laws." by Intrusion of the Soul. (is this a branch?!)

5. "Neil Gaiman's word choice in the passage from Stardust conveys an elevated, and straightforward read, with a very common sound that is not musical nor harsh." by To Kill A Mockingjay.

I liked all of the "Style Mapping" blogs that I read. They were all good but the reason that I liked these the best is because they somehow just seemed more style mapy (if that makes sense). Like they tried their hardest to get it to sound elevated. They were all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment