Thursday, October 27, 2011

More Poems!!

I found this awesome website that is uplifting and happy. That's all they put up there. It's very centered around God and it's one of the few poem sites that I've found that I really like. It's called Poetry For Reflection. You should check it out and tell me what you think!!!!!!

The Difference
I got up early one morning
and rushed right into the day
I had so much to accomplish
that I didn't have time to pray.

Problems just tumbled about me
and heavier came each task
"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered
He answered, "You didn't ask"

I wanted to see joy and beauty
but the day toiled on, gray and bleak
I wondered why God didn't show me
He said," But you didn't seek"

I tried to come into God's presence
I used all my keys at the lock
God gently and lovingly chided,
"My Child you didn't knock."

I woke up early this morning
and paused before entering the day
I had so much to accomplish
that I had to take time to pray

---Written and Copyrighted by
Grace Naessens
Used with permission





God Is Our Guide
God does not send
More than we can bear
Our hearts will mend
If we keep Him there.

After storms it grows calm,
Dark is followed by sun,
We are held in God's palm,
Love and faith make us one.

Although there are days
That bring trials and pain,
Having faith in His ways
We will triumph again.

When we let go of fear
Prayer and love make us strong
Know that God will be near
To help guide us along.

 ---Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment