Thursday, October 27, 2011

Random Poems I like

I guess I like all of these because it makes me think of how I act, especially the second one. The moment I read the second one I was in love with it!! It makes me think, "Do I really give it all to him? Or do I pick it right back up and put it in my backpack to weight me down some more?" Leave a comment to tell me what you think. I hope you like them!!

Anyway

People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered ...
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives ...
Do good anyway.
If you are successful you win false friends and true enemies ...
Succeed anyway.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow ...
Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable ...
Be honest and frank anyway.
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs ...
Fight for some underdogs anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight ...
Build anyway.
People really need help but may attack you if you help them ...
Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth ...
Give the world the best you’ve got ... ANYWAY.

---Author Unknown




Broken Dreams
As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my friend.

But then instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
With ways that were my own.

At last I snatched them back and cried,
"How could you be so slow"
"My child," He said, "What could I do?
You never let it go."

---Author Unknown

The Cold Within

Six humans trapped by happenstance
in black and bitter cold,
Each possessed a stick of wood
Or so the story's told.



Their dying fire in need of logs
the first woman held hers back,
For on the faces around the fire
She noticed one was black.



The next man looking 'cross the way
Saw one not of his church,
And couldn't bring himself to give
The fire his stick of birch.



The third one sat in tattered clothes
He gave his coat a hitch,
Why should his log be put to use
To warm the idle rich?



The rich man just sat back and thought
Of the wealth he had in store,
And how to keep what he had earned
From the lazy, shiftless poor.



The black man's face bespoke revenge
As the fire passed from his sight,
For all he saw in his stick of wood
Was a chance to spite the white.



And the last man of this forlorn group
Did naught except for gain,
Giving only to those who gave
Was how he played the game.



The logs held tight in death's stilled hands
Was proof of human sin,
They didn't die from the cold without,
They died from the cold within.

---Written and Copyrighted by
James Patrick Kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment